New Bill provides certain protections to lienholder interests in tax sale cases.
Meet the Team
Kurt V. Laker
Kurt Laker is a partner at Doyle & Foutty, P.C. and has practiced in the field of real estate and title insurance litigation for more than 10 years. Kurt handles cases through all phases of litigation including the appeals process.
He graduated from Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis in May, 2004, cum laude. He was a member of the Indiana International and Comparative law review, and his article was selected for publication in Vol. 14, Issue No. 1, 2003. Kurt received his bachelor’s degree from Franklin College in political science, with a minor in journalism.
Kurt is active in the Indiana Land Title Association, currently serving on its Board of Directors and Government Affairs Committee. He is a former political columnist for the Daily Journal, a Johnson County-based daily newspaper.
Kurt is admitted to practice before Indiana state courts, the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Donald Garriott , et al. v. Edward Peters and Patsy Christian, Case No 24A01-0703-CV-119, Opinion for Publication, December 28, 2007
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Fifth Third Bank v. PNC Bank , et al., Case No. 31A01-0711-CV-527, Opinion for Publication, April 29, 2008
- Indiana Supreme Court – Thomas A. Nue, Elizabeth A. Neu, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Brett Gibson et al., Case No 49S02-0910-CV-442, Opinion for Publication, June 1, 2010
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Finance Center Federal Credit Union v. Ronnie D. Brand, Debora J. Brand, and GMAC Mortgage LLC, Case No 49A02-1111-MF-1089, Opinion for Publication, May 24, 2012
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Puente v. Beneficial Mortgage Co. of Indiana, PNC Bank, Fidelity National Title Insurance Co., and Meridian Title Corps., Case No 45A03-1304-PL-159, Opinion for Publication, May 9, 2014
- Indiana Court of Appeals – Estate of Borgwald v. Old National Bank and Raelynn Pound, Case No 84A01-1302-ES-80, Opinion for Publication, June 4, 2014